Monday, November 30, 2009

A great quote about the trials of life

“First, He brought me here, it is by His will I am in this strait place: in that fact I will rest.”

Next, He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace to behave as His child.

Then, He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn, working in me the grace He means to bestow.

Last, in his good time He can bring me out again — how and when He knows.

Let me say I am here…

By God’s appointment,
In His keeping,
Under His training,
For His time.”

Isn't that an amazing quote? Andrew Murray supposedly wrote this to someone who was going through a pain-filled situation. I wanted to add this to my journal for future reference when facing a difficult time in life. More than that, though, I realize it is also helpful to ponder in light of past trials.

Do you have those painful memories that you can't wipe from your mind? You find yourself rehearsing past complaints for no particular reason until the ache returns? I hate when I slip into those unproductive gripe sessions about situations I did not ask for, did not enjoy, and did not survive without scars.

This quote is a great reminder that all of life's trials are by God's appointment, and that surely He does see us through, no matter how hopeless and hurtful they appear at the time. It helps me to be thankful in all things, even the trials, both past and present.

Life's training continues, but I am personally thankful for one trial that seems to finally be laid to rest. God's timing was not what I might have chosen, but He knows best. Always. In His faithfulness He did "bring me out again."

Again.

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos

2 comments:

The Reader said...

You have a way of speaking truth so that I hear it, appreciate it, accept it, and find it easy to swallow.

Thank you. This is a very good post.

Women of the Harvest Blogs said...

Jamie...I have tried to send an email to you today and it keeps coming back undeliverable...help.
Cindy Blomquist

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...