Monday, January 24, 2011

Dangers of Boyhood

My current project is to make a commemorative DVD of our 25 years of ministry.  If anyone has any priceless photos or video clips of us you would like to share, please pass them on. We would really appreciate it.

While I was sorting through some photos and movies, I found an unknown CD and discovered these lost scenes from Tim's childhood.  Apparently they were playing with dynamite and hoping to clear away some boulders.  Now that Tim is a paramedic, I wonder how he feels about the dangerous sports he played as a teen.


Here are some more photos I found.


Does that look safe to you?  These next ones were taken one Christmas when Chris and Tim came home from college. Tim was studying in the Explore program at Prairie Bible and brought harnesses and ropes to teach his brothers and sisters to rappel.  They even taught the little kids to rappel down our water tower.  At least Chris was belaying them from the bottom.  By then Tim had begun to learn the foreign concept of "safety."










Incredibly not one of my boys ever so much as broke a bone in all their perilous pursuits.  For that I am truly thankful.  Reckless yes, but also blessed. 

3 comments:

The Hayes Zoo said...

Oh man.

My boy/man wants to be in YOUR family.

I'm grateful for the time we had. Yep.

Jamie Jo said...

He would have made a good Loker boy. :)

I miss you!

The Pennington Point said...

Oh my goodness! I'd be shakin' in my mamma boots! Good for you. I'd LOVE to see that video when you get it made. Lisa~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...