Saturday, January 22, 2011

Awkward family photos


 Unbelievably all of these were out-takes from one single photo shoot back in 2004.

The kids gave us a funny book for Christmas called Awkward Family Photos that brought back many not-so-funny and sometimes downright painful experiences of the Loker family.  If you find these types of things funny, you might enjoy a website of the same name:  http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/.  We have no affiliation with it, and have never submitted any photos, though we certainly have our share.


This one was actually adorable, but alas the older members of the family wore the awkward faces, rendering the photo undesirable for a prayer card.  I will spare the offenders the embarrassment of posting it publicly.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  Jonny and Debbie are so cute, they won't mind a few awkward photos of themselves.



This was the only half-way decent shot from the whole lot (if you can overlook the mutual bad hair day/week/life).  Was I exaggerating when I said what a difficult family I had for taking prayer card photos?  I rest my case.  If you want to see the rest of our least awkward family photos, click here.  One or two of them weren't half bad.

5 comments:

Alida Sharp said...

LOL! We have had our share of awkward family photos as well... thanks for the peek at a few of yours :-)

Ginny said...

Their Uncle Mike is the WORST at cooperating for pictures. The WORST.

Missus Wookie said...

Hi Jamie Jo,

Cute kids and oooh the fun of large family photo shoots :)

To get text onto a photo open it in a graphics page (google's picassa is free) and add a text layer - type in whatever you want. I've now kept a photo with text on so I can just copy and paste the same text across easily.

HTH - if not email me and I'll try and walk you through it.

Jamie Jo said...

Thanks, Missus Wookie. I'll try it.

Ginny, I had no idea....

Alida, glad we're not the only ones. Seriously I could make a whole book.

The Hayes Zoo said...

Those are DARLING pictures!!!!

Two years ago I could. not. for. the. life. of. me. get a decent picture of everyone for either a Christmas present OR a prayer card.

So - what do you do with that? You make a collage. :) It covered the bases but I'm not sure my parents or my in-laws enjoyed the shots of my kids pretending to pick their noses....:/

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...