Friday, October 8, 2010

Denver or bust....

Last month I flew to Colorado, compliments of Women of the Harvest, to meet with the editor and to speak at their fund-raiser brunch.  It was a great encouragement to actually meet Cindy in person, and to glean wisdom and fresh perspective from her about my writing.  We've got great plans.  In the meantime, it is still fun to write my weekly blog, IRL with Jamie Jo, and to submit an occasional article for their bimonthly magazine.

The biggest surprise when I arrived in Denver was that Hannah was there to meet me along with Cindy.  I was shocked!  She took a few days off work and school to surprise me with a visit.  Even after being together all summer, I did not get my fill of this eldest daughter of mine.  We had a ball together, sharing a hide-a-bed, laughing late into the night, and then sight-seeing together during the day.

One concern I had for my trip was how to fill my time between Tuesday and Friday, knowing all the ladies at the office would be busy at work while I was basically "on vacation."  I had no idea that Hannah would be there.  Here are some photos of our time together.
Someone lent us a car so we could go play.
Hannah was my tour guide, having looked up all the fun free things to do in the area.

On her list was a tourist walk with funky old painted pianos we could play.

Pretty cool Mexico piano, huh?
That was one big bear


Sonlight is the home school curriculum we have used for many years.  They are very missions-minded, and give a 25% discount to full-time foreign missionaries.  This year they also started subsidizing the Women of the Harvest Magazine, so my two favorite support networks are now connected.  We got to tour both offices the same day.

Also on Hannah's list was to visit the Columbine memorial in Littleton


Hannah is one of my favorite people in all the world.  She loves me unconditionally, knowing all my faults, even adores me, and brings out the best in me.  I just love being with her!  What a blessing that my own mom is one of my dearest friends, and now to have my own daughter as my other best friend.  I am doubly blessed.

One sweet thing about being in Colorado is that Hannah met someone at the WOTH office (by divine appointment) who told her about a massage therapy school.  Because of that random meeting, Hannah is starting a 7-month message therapy program in Aurora, Colorado starting in January.  Pretty sweet!  She has talked about doing this for at least three years.  God directs Hannah's steps, and His ways are good.

3 comments:

MikeandCharlsie said...

What a fun trip! It is so wonderful to hear about a mother/daughter who have such a great relationship, I pray my daughters and I will have the same!
Also I had no idea Sonlight offered that discount...I paid full price two years when we we were in Mexico...
Thanks for the comment on my now extinct blog... it's hard to imagine you with only 3 at home now, I always picture you with a house full of kids :)

Luke Holzmann said...

When did you swing by Sonlight? Was it on the weekend, because I didn't see ya...

~Luke

Jamie Jo said...

It was a Wednesday. I think it may have been the week of your family reunion, because none of you were there. Sorry to have missed you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...