As promised, I will boast of my tiny victories. Yesterday I was hunting for something I thought might be hidden on a high dusty shelf in the laundry room, when spider jumped off the shelf onto my friend and helper, Edith. I only screeched momentarily before catching myself. Thoroughly freaked out, she brushed it off. Normally she is okay with bugs, but my momentary panic triggered hers. Another good reason to be self-controlled in ALL areas. Okay, small victory (that it only lasted a second), but a victory nonetheless.
Waking up this morning I found an unwanted daddy-long-legs on my bed. Tempted to panic, I remembered I would have to report here, so I asked for God's help, and then boldly swiped it away with my BARE HAND. Somehow this still doesn't work. I want to give God glory for these victories, and end up just proud of myself. Argh! Pride just doesn't die. Ever.
I'm going to change the subject now. Rather, later. Today I need to take Bekah to school and run some errands in the city. I trust each of you finds strength in your weakness without resorting to unmerited pride. We are so helpless without God. I do hope you are not so slow to learn as I apparently am.

1 comment:
At least we can all be slow learners together, right? ...sigh...
Post a Comment