Saturday, February 5, 2011
My new favorite commercial
A Tribute to Texas
Normally I miss all the Super Bowl commercials because we are outside the U.S. The commercials in Mexico are generally somewhat lame in comparison. In recent years we have been able to go online and watch the real commercials on You-tube, but never have we seen a preview of one. Until now.
This one tugs at my heart strings, being a Texas girl. It brings back fond memories of kicker dancing on weekends when I was at Baylor (gasp! even as a good ol' Baptist girl!). We'd go to a small town outside of Waco where there would be whole families, young kids, old folks, and everything in between, all out doing the Cotton Eyed Joe and the Texas Two-Step.
What really got me was seeing the bluebonnets. I actually broke down and cried for homesickness when I saw that part of the commercial. How dorky is that? My kids can add that to their long list of ridiculous things that reduce me to tears.
Other songs that make me cry I've mentioned before: Star Spangled Banner, Pomp and Circumstance, The Wedding March, Brian's Song, How Great Thou Art, and sometimes Vivaldi and other classical music.
Labels:
before marriage,
favorite things,
tribute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You got me movin' this mornin'. Love that. I'm in Texas and t got me all teary eyed. I can't imagine not being here. Poor you. ;) Lisa~
This Austin girl in Izmir, Turkey is a long way from Texas, indeed. I will show this commercial to my kids. Last year back at home we made a bluebonnet drive from Burnet to Llano in April. Just Beautiful. We'll have to go two-stepping next time.
My college roommate and I used to drive through Llano on our way to her family's ranch in San Saba.
Glad y'all liked the link!
Post a Comment