This is our fellowship group back in Mexico. Maybe you remember one of my very early blog posts (Church Dilemma) about how we worship with other missionaries in the area. In the photo you can seem them trying to have a service in spite of Swine Flu threats. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to wear those face masks in May, one of only two truly hot months in Oaxaca. By now they should be getting a bit of rain to start cooling things off for the "summer."
I can't say I've missed the heat this past month since we left. Ohio is mostly delightful this time of year. On the other hand, humidity is a strange concept for us. Living in the desert, the temperatures almost daily rise to the 80's, but it is a dry heat with a cool mountain breeze cooling things off by evening. Northern Ohio 80's has a component of mugginess we are not accustomed to. Not that I'm complaining. Just saying....
2 comments:
Can't say I miss that very much either =)
i think i wanna come live in your desert. gets lots hotter here...
glad you are enjoying the weather where you are - we are looking forward to a michigan summer!
Post a Comment